Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well, Good Morning!

Mornings are my quiet time. My only quiet time. From 6:15 to 6:45 on weekdays, I’m the only person awake and downstairs. I feed the dogs and fish breakfast, make coffee, prepare lunches. But it’s quiet, and I LIKE it!

Until yesterday. The previous night, Victoria slept in our bed because she was “scared.” No problem. She doesn’t sprawl like she used to, so I slept comfortably. But she woke up with me at 5:30. She stayed in the bed until I went downstairs at 6:15. I was surprised that she was awake already, since she is always the last one up on school days. She joined me in the kitchen and I explained that we were going to work quietly because everyone else was still sleeping.

But then I overheard Aaron ask if his shorts were in the dryer. And then I saw him on the stairs, dressed and ready to go from the waist up.

It’s 6:15 a.m., people!!!

“Aaron, baby, what are you doing up so early?”

“Victoria turned my light on.”

Kind of makes me glad I was an only child.

No comments: